Providing kids with a valuable out of school experience, our weeklong programs are a great start for a new climber or a way to further climbing knowledge and experience for returning participants. Register early to guarantee a space!
Plan a fantastic winter break experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our weeklong youth vacation programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
During our fun-filled, week-long program, kids (ages 8-14) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities. While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff.
The program will run from Monday, February 18th through Friday, February 22nd from 9am-2pm. Registration is now open!
- Non-Member: $325 for 1st child ($275 additional siblings)
- Member: $275 ($225 additional siblings) – Participant must be the member to get the discount! Frozen and terminated members do not qualify.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit, so final payments will be taken at the front desk on the first day.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows. Your child can choose to only come for a portion of the week, but we can’t provide a discount.
• Time: Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm. We do not offer early drop off or extended day options nor do we offer single day options.
• Age: 8-14. Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting.
What to Bring
What to bring:
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!),
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- A lot of fun and instruction
- A t-shirt to take home at the end of the week