Evaluations are a way to create a formal process of team placement with our professional coaches. This year, in order to make climbing competitively more accessible to more athletes, we are changing the structure of our teams. For the 2019-2020 season, we will have two different “levels” of the Competitive Team. Both teams will practice together two days a week, and one team will practice on a third day. The evaluation is our way of creating a formal process of team placement with our professional coaches. We assess the climbing skills, teamwork, attentiveness, and motivation of all climbers to determine which team will benefit each individual the most. An important distinction from past years is that the evaluation will not exclude anyone from the Competitive Team who is motivated to compete and will fulfill all the requirements of the team. Rather, it is to determine which of the two levels of the Competitive Team will best suit each athlete.
To register & schedule an evaluation please email Kaitlyn at email@example.com. Available dates to start team in September are: August 11th after 11:30am & August 27th. Evaluations can be made in season on an ongoing basis.
All practices begin September 3rd! No practices labor day weekend or labor day. Please contact a coach below to register ahead of time, as some time slots do get capped out and this will help us have a smoother first day of practice.
Head Coach: Kaitlyn
Assistant Coaches: Scott and Kelly
- Level 1 competitors attend two practices per week, level 2 competitors attend three practices per week
- Mon/Wed/Fri 4:30p-7:30pm: Level 2 Competitors
- Mon/Wed 4:30pm-7:30pm: Level 1 Competitors
Sport Climbing: Feb-June
- Participants must meet all competition expectations for the team
- Register as a USA Climbing member
- Compete in 2 local competitions from selected dates & locations by Head Coach (other options available to meet this requirement if conflicts prohibit attendance to selected dates)
- Compete in the USA Climbing Regional Championship
- Any subsequent Competitions based on individual rankings
- Display a motivation to train for competition, good sportsmanship, and a positive, team-focused attitude
- Agree to climbing participant team rules
- Full equipment setup (shoes, harness, belay device)–can purchase within first month of season
- 30% discount on gear purchases
- Eligible participants taught to lead climb when ready
- Access to CRG team attire store
EFT dues will begin on September 1st once team placement is determined
|MW: $190 per month
MWF: $230 per month.
|*All Competitive Team costs include unlimited membership access to the gym in addition to weekly team practices.|