Come take our Intro Belay Class. Learn to ‘belay’; the method of holding a rope system for a climber to catch them if they fall, and learn the knots required to tie into a rope end as a climber. This is required to use the high wall ‘top rope’ climbs without a staff or an experienced and certified climber. This is a great way to learn the basics so that you can enjoy roped climbing anytime on your own with just a day pass or climbing with friends, family or your kids.
- This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym.
- Bundle: $25 per person. Includes day access pass, Introductory Belay Class, and harness, shoes, chalk and a belay device. Must attend the class to purchase.
- Class only: $15 per person; $10 per person for groups of 10+ booked in advance
- Please show up 15 minutes prior to class start to fill out waiver, pay and get setup with equipment. We cannot guarantee a delayed start for those who arrive late
- Must be age 13+ to take the class (under 13 may still climb while belayed by a trained person)
Registration is not required but is suggested in order to guarantee a space. Ten person cap on class sizes.