A self belaying group is the equivalent to purchasing a day pass and rental gear for an individual, and is a no frills discounted event with no assistance from Central Rock Gym staff. This event type is for groups of 10 or more, who will not require any staff to assist with rope setups. The event does not include: staff belaying, instruction for select new belayers, or refreshers for previously trained or otherwise experienced belayers. All Self Belaying groups must exactly meet one of the listed options as well as other strict criteria to ensure a safe and smooth climbing experience for all. Please read clearly to avoid any additional charges for your event.
Opt 1: Pre-Train Us: Come learn to belay at a Central Rock Gym location in our Intro Belay Class, separate from and prior to your event (Class should be taken within the 6 months of the event). See schedule for regularly offered Intro Classes. Great for adults belaying young climbers. Class must be done prior to event.
Opt 2: Group Belay Class: Schedule a group Intro Belay Class as part of your event. Everyone in your group must take the intro course and must be ages 13+. The class will begin upon arrival.
Opt 3: Certified Belayers: Bring your own belayers! You have experienced belayers who are frequent users or members of the gym, or have passed a Central Rock Gym belay certification test within 6 months of the event. Tests and refreshers will not be given at the time of the event and must be taken 1 week prior to the event if belayers do not climb at least once a month at a Central Rock Gym location.
$17 per person – Gear and access ONLY
$25 per person Group Intro Class + gear and access [For groups where entire group is taking the course only]
- Groups must have 1:5, Belayer: Climber ratio or lower
- No unscheduled classes or tests will be given the evening of the event.
- Must pay together in full. No split charges.
- 10 person minimum or minimum charge.
- Gear and Climbing included (shoes not included for very large groups).
- Must be booked in advance or receive a discount.
- If for any reason belay training is required but not scheduled for the event, all participants will be billed an additional $10 per person for the staff required to assist with the event.