Read the following requirements before registering!
All are mandatory and you will be charged a fee if you are improperly prepared, cannot participate, do not show up or give proper notice of attendance changes. Strictly enforced. Everything listed is for the benefit of all participants, the ability to properly & safely learn lead climbing as well as to provide openings free of charge for all Worcester members.
- You must be comfortable climbing 5.9; 5 or more climbs will be lead during the class which will feel like the equivalent of doing 5 or more 5.9 climbs
- It is highly recommended that you take all 4 Progression Program classes first
- Age 16+ only
- Must have taken Intro Belay Class & have passed standard belay certification test
- Registration in advance required
- Must own & bring: Belay device + lead capable harness.
- FREE for CRG Worcester Members after 6 months of membership – members will be charged a $20 deposit to hold a spot, this will be returned as a credit to you membership account after taking the class as long as you attend. No call no show or less than 24 hour notice of cancellation and the $20 fee will not be refunded.
- $80 Non-Worcester Members
- $100 Non-Members
- Includes one month free rope usage after the class
If you are not ready, do not register and take a spot from another member!
Experienced lead climbers: If you posses competent lead climbing experience and lead belaying experience, you may inquire about a test at the front desk. We do take lead climbing safety seriously; if you make safety errors and are not proficient, you will not pass.