Central Rock Gym Watertown invites your children to participate in our Summer Camp! The program will run week-long sessions all summer long. Registration for summer 2018 is now open.
Plan a fantastic summer experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our weeklong youth vacation programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
During our fun-filled, week-long summer camp sessions kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities. While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff. Our fun week of climbing concludes with a pizza party on the final day.
Please contact our Youth Programs Coordinator, Jess, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Non-Member: $400 for 1st child ($350 additional siblings)
- Member: $350 ($300 additional siblings) – Participant must be the member to get the discount! Frozen and terminated members do not qualify.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit. The full balance must be paid on or before the first day of the session.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single day registrations, and cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours in advance.
- Closed July 4th: Special 20% discount for the four day week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm. Extended day 2-5pm available ($30 per child per day)
- We do not offer early drop off options, nor do we offer single day options.
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
What to bring
What to bring:
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!)
- Snacks (We are a peanut-free facility.)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, and closed-toe shoes that can get wet on Wednesday
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to bouldering and top roping
- Instruction on belaying and different climbing techniques
- Warm ups, games, team building activities and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
- A t-shirt to take home at the end of the week
- Copy of Immunization Records
- A report of your child’s latest physical (within the last 18 months)
- Medical History Form
- Authorization to self-administer meds (if applicable, including EpiPen)
- Central Rock Gym Watertown Waiver
**All forms must be submitted at least 10 days prior to child’s first day of camp. If we don’t receive the forms by then, your child won’t be able to participate. Completed forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.**