*** We are excited to re-open for Summer 2021! For more information please click on the registration tab below***
Central Rock Gym Watertown invites your children to participate in one of our vacation camps! We run camps during all major school vacations: winter break, February break, April break, and summer break.
Plan a fantastic experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our week-long youth camp programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
This camp complies with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local board of health.
During our fun-filled, week-long camp sessions, kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities. While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff.
Please contact our Director of Youth Programs, Sofia, at email@example.com with any questions.
- We will offer 10 week-long sessions starting on 6/21 and ending on 8/27
- $500 for 1st child ($425 for additional siblings and multi-week registrations)
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is part of your payment
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single day registrations, and cancellations must be made no later than 14 days in advance.
- Financial aid is available. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm. Extended day 2-5pm available ($30 per child per day)
- We do not offer early drop off options, nor do we offer single day options.
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per counselor discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
- Central Rock Gym welcomes participants of all abilities and skill levels! In order to ensure a fun and successful week for your child, please inform the staff of any special needs your child has, which may include severe allergies, disabilities, behavioral issues, health conditions or pre-existing injuries. The more we know about your child, the better we can help them enjoy their week.
Registration is now open. In order to register, you’ll need to visit our registration site and make an account.
- Groups will be capped at 8 kids with 2 counselors for kids 6-8 years old and at 10 kids with 2 counselors for kids 9-13 years old
- Everyone will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing at all times
- Time for hand washing/sanitizing will be built in
- Kids will be encouraged to use the liquid chalk provided by the gym in place of their own chalk
- Kids will be encouraged to clean/sanitize hands between climbs
- Kids and staff who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who has tested positive will not be allowed to participate until they meet the current guidelines for safely returning to activities
- Lunch time will be taken in small groups
- Camp CRG will follow all current COVID-19 requirements for summer camps in 2021
What to bring
What to bring:
- Lunch and snacks (We are a nut-free program)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Sunscreen, bug spray and closed-toe shoes
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to bouldering and top roping
- Instruction on belaying and different climbing techniques
- Warm ups, games, team building activities, and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
- Copy of Immunization Records
- A report of your child’s latest physical (within the last 18 months)
- Medical History Form
- Authorization to self-administer meds (if applicable, including EpiPen)
- Central Rock Gym Watertown Waiver
- Under Age 13 Belay Waiver (for those ages 9-13)
- Meningoccal Disease and Immunization Information
**All forms will be submitted upon registering with our online registration system.**
Sample Daily Schedule
Each week will have a different theme.
9:00 am: Check-in/Bouldering
9:15 am: Game time! We’ll start the morning with a fun game to get moving!
9:30 am: Daily challenge! We’ll have a different climbing related challenge each day such as learning about new hold types, seeing how many cumulative feet your group can climb, finding points hidden in holds, and more!
10:30 am: Snack time
10:45 am: Back to climbing
12:00 pm: Lunch time. We’ll play part of a movie each day during lunch to allow the kids to relax after a few hours of physical activity.
12:30 pm: Clean up
12:45 pm: Afternoon activity. We’ll do a different activity each afternoon such as scavenger hunts, team building games, water play outside, obstacle courses, arts and crafts projects, and more!
1:45 pm: Game time! We usually end the day with a choice of fun game.
2:00 pm: Pick up
2:00-5:00 pm: Extended day. Kids will be given the option to climb, play games, work on craft projects, or watch a movie (screen time limited to 45 minutes)
Each summer camp CRG hires an energetic, passionate, and caring staff of counselors to keep our programs safe and fun. Counselors are directly involved in working with kids and sharing their passion for climbing. We are always looking for enthusiastic staff to join our team.
Interested in joining our camp staff? See a list of positions and job requirements here!
Ready to apply? Submit an application here!
Email email@example.com with any questions.