If your children are already hooked on climbing, take the next step and learn to belay! Instead of having our staff work with you for a limited 1-hour time slot, take our belay class and then come in any day with your kids and stay as long as you like! This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym. Once completed you will be able to work with your kids for the remainder of the time our facility is open that day!
This course is required to use the high rope walls without reserving staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children, this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing whenever you like.
- Class time is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Classes will start promptly at the specified time. Late arrivals won’t be able to join the class regardless of pre-payment.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- You must pre-register below to guarantee a spot, as it fills up quickly. Each class is capped at 10 people.
Price: $30 for each non-member. This includes the belay class, day pass, and rental gear.
-Free for members (preregistration is still required)
Note to members: If you register for this class and do not give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation your account will automatically be charged $20 for the class.
NOTE: This class does not certify you to belay. It will give you the tools you will need to become certified. You will need to take a belay test upon your next visit to the gym to become certified. Belay tests cannot be taken the same day as the belay class!