Central Rock Gym Watertown invites your children to participate in our February Break Camp, a 5-day program from February 18th-22nd! Registration for February 2019 is now open.
Plan a fantastic 5-day experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our 5-day long youth vacation program offers new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
This camp complies with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local board of health.
During our fun-filled 5 days of camp, kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities. While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff. Our fun 5 days of climbing concludes with a pizza party on the final day!
Please contact our Youth Programs Coordinator, Sofia, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Participants: $400 for 1st child ($350 additional siblings)
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit. The full balance must be paid on or before the first day of the session.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single day registrations, and cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours in advance.
- Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm. Extended day 2-5pm available ($30 per child per day)
- We do not offer early drop off options, nor do we offer single day options.
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
- Central Rock Gym welcomes participants of all abilities and skill levels! In order to ensure a fun and successful week for your child, please inform the staff of any special needs your child has, which may include severe allergies, disabilities, behavioral issues, health conditions or pre-existing injuries. The more we know about your child, the better we can help them enjoy their week.
What to bring
What to bring:
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!)
- Snacks (We are a nut-free program)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to bouldering and top roping
- Instruction on belaying and different climbing techniques
- Warm ups, games, team building activities, and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
- A t-shirt to take home at the end of the week
- Copy of Immunization Records
- A report of your child’s latest physical (within the last 18 months)
- Medical History Form
- Authorization to self-administer meds (if applicable, including EpiPen)
- Central Rock Gym Watertown Waiver
- Meningoccal Disease and Immunization Information
**All forms must be submitted at least 5 days prior to each child’s first day of camp. If we don’t receive the forms by then, your child won’t be able to participate. Completed forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.**