This intro belay class will teach you how to properly rope climb in our facility. For those who have never belayed before, who do not remember how to properly belay, or how to tie in, this class will teach you the basics so you can enjoy rope climbing in our gym(s). Without this class, participants will be limited to bouldering, auto-belays, or our staff belay.
If you’re already confident in knowing how to belay, you do not need to take this class and can instead demonstrate your skills to a staff member and test out of the class.
- This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym.
- The class will start promptly at the specified time and will be capped at 4 people (no exceptions).
- Please show up 15 minutes early to fill out waiver, pay and get setup with equipment. We cannot guarantee a delayed start for those who arrive late regardless of pre-payment.
- Must be age 13+ to take the class (under 13 may still climb while belayed by a certified belayer)
- Once completed you will be able to climb on your own for the next 2 hours (or longer, occupancy limitations dependent)
- You must pre-register to guarantee a spot, as it fills up quickly. See the schedule below to book your spot!
- There are no refunds for no shows if purchased by non-members.
- Members must contact us as soon as possible if they will not be able to attend the registered class to free up space for others.
- FREE for members, or non-members coming in for the 1st time on a member guest pass
- $50 for each non-member