Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can rope climb in our facility without the need of our staff. This class is required in order to use the high rope walls without reserving staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
NOTE: This class does not certify you to belay. It will give you the tools you will need to become certified. You will need to take a belay test upon your next visit to the gym to become certified. Belay tests cannot be taken the same day as the belay class!
- This is a 3 hour booking that consists of a 1 hour 15 minute instructional belay class and then climbing in the gym until 4pm afterwards.
- If you would like to stay past 4pm, please speak with the staff since bookings are required for all weekend climbing.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Classes will start promptly at the specified time. Late arrivals won’t be able to join the class regardless of pre-payment.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- You must pre-register below to guarantee a spot, as it fills up quickly.
Note: If you have learned to belay at a different climbing facility you can skip the class and just get certified by our staff. All CRG locations require the PLUS/PBUS belay method.
- $35 for each non-member. This includes the belay class, day pass, and rental gear.
- FREE for members (pre-registration is still required).
- Non-members can use the class fee toward setting up a membership as long as they choose to do so prior to leave the facility the day of the class.
- Note to members: These classes do fill up regularly. If you register for this class and do not give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation your account will automatically be charged $15 since your registration prevented others from signing up.
Classes are offered:
- Tuesday and Thursday at 7 pm
- Saturday and Sunday at 12 pm and 4 pm
Looking to book a large group class and there either aren’t enough spots in an existing class or
Register below to guarantee your spot in the class!
What to Bring
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- A signed waiver, if one is not already completed online.