Plan a fantastic summer experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our week-long youth vacation programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport, and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
During our fun-filled, week-long summer program sessions kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities, like our rope swing. While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team-building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age and maturity permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. Our goal is for all participants to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff.
The program will run in week-long sessions during select summer weeks, see complete list in the calendar below. Registration for summer 2020 is now open!
- Non-Member: $325 for 1st child ($275 additional siblings)
- Member: $275 ($225 additional siblings) – Participant must be the member to get the discount! Frozen and terminated members do not qualify.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit. The full balance must be paid one week from the start of the session.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows and cancellations must be made no later than 48 in advance.
- Discounts cannot be stacked. Only one discount per child, per week.
• Normal hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm.
• Extended hours: Campers can be dropped off as early as 8am and picked up as late as 5pm. A flat $50 fee applies if extended hours are needed for any days of camp. Upon registration, we’ll send a confirmation email asking which days early drop off or late pick up will be required.
• Age: 6-13. Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
If you have any other questions please contact our Youth Programs Coordinator, Sally Faulkner at email@example.com.
What to Bring
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it).
Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- A lot of fun and instruction
• Advanced online registration is required!! You may sign up below.
• Copy of Immunization Records (bring on the first day)
If you have any questions, please email Youth Program Coordinator Sally Faulkner (firstname.lastname@example.org) before booking.