Have you conquered the top ropes at Central Rock and are ready for a new challenge? Learn how to lead climb in our Lead Climbing Class!
Lead climbing is a more advanced style of climbing that involves clipping your rope into fixed gear on the wall and placing your own protection as you climb up the wall. The class will consist of climbing 5 to 6 routes in the 5.7-5.9 range, practicing clipping, lead belaying, and falling.
If you cannot make a class during the normally scheduled times, we can run additional classes as long as we have at least 2 people who want to take the class. Please email email@example.com to set up a separate time.
- Must be top rope belay certified at Central Rock Gym
- You must be able to top rope 5.9 routes comfortably.
- Must have: ATC and lead capable harness
- Registration in advance required
- Includes one-month free rope usage
- $80 – Members (FREE for members after six months of fully paid membership)
- Members, stop by the front desk to sign up!
- $100 – Non-members