Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can rope climb in our facility without the need of our staff. Once completed you will be able to climb on your own for the remainder of the time our facility is open that day. This course is required to use the high rope walls without reserved staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
Already confident in knowing how to belay? Come in and simply take our test to test out of the class!
- This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym.
- The class will start promptly at the specified time, so please show up 15 minutes early to fill out your waiver, pay and get set up with equipment. We cannot guarantee a delayed start for those who arrive late regardless of pre-payment.
- Must be age 13+ to take the class (under 13 may still climb while belayed by a certified belayer)
- You must pre-register to guarantee a spot, as it fills up quickly. See the schedule below to book your spot! (You do not need to book a climbing reservation if booking a belay class).
- Please see our COVID FAQs here.
- FREE for members
- $35 for non-members (includes a day pass and gear for climbing afterwards).