Plan a fantastic summer experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Our week-long youth camp programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
This camp complies with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the local board of health.
During our fun-filled, week-long summer camp sessions, kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities. We emphasize problem-solving and team-building initiatives while focusing on creating an inclusive and fun environment. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Early Bird Rate (Before March)
- 1st Climber: $499/week
- 2nd Climber+: $399/week
- Regular Rate (Starting March 1st)
- 1st Climber: $529/ week
- 2nd Climber+: $423/ week
- 4th of July week: $423
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit. The full balance must be paid on or before the first day of the session.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single-day registrations, and cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours in advance.
- Monday – Friday, 9 am – 2 pm. Extended day 2-5 pm available ($30 per child per day)
- July 4th week: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- We do not offer early drop-off options, nor do we offer single-day options.
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege that may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
- Central Rock Gym welcomes participants of all abilities and skill levels! In order to ensure a fun and successful week for your child, please inform the staff of any special needs your child has, which may include severe allergies, disabilities, behavioral issues, health conditions, or pre-existing injuries. The more we know about your child, the better we can help them enjoy their week.
What to bring
What to bring:
- Lunch and snacks (We are a nut-free program + Microwave not available)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to auto belay and top roping
- Warm ups, games, team building activities, and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
- Copy of Immunization Records (COVID-19 vaccination should be noted if received)
- A report of your child’s latest physical (within the last 18 months)
- Medical History Form
- Authorization to self-administer meds (if applicable, including EpiPen)
- Central Rock Gym Stoneham Waiver
- Central Rock Gym Facility Orientation form
- Auto Belay Orientation form
- Under Age 13 Belay Waiver (for those ages 9-12 only)
- Central Rock Gym Top Rope Orientation form (for those 9-13)
- Meningoccal Disease and Immunization Information
Submit all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
**All forms must be submitted at least 14 days prior to each child’s first day of camp. If we don’t receive the forms by then, your child won’t be able to participate. Completed forms can be sent to email@example.com.**
** Parents have the right to request for review copies of background checks, health care, and discipline policies, as well as procedures for filing grievances.**
Sample Daily Schedule
Each week will have a different theme.
9:00 am: Check-in
9:15 am: Game time! We’ll start the morning with a fun game to get moving such as giant’s, wizard’s, and elves, ant hospital, fishy fishy, and more!
9:30 am: Daily challenge! We’ll have a different climbing related challenge each day such as learning about new hold types, seeing how many cumulative feet your group can climb, finding points hidden in holds, and more!
10:30 am: Snack time
10:45 am: Back to climbing
12:00 pm: Lunch time.
12:30 pm: Clean up
12:45 pm: Afternoon activity. We’ll do a different activity each afternoon such as scavenger hunts, team building games, water play outside, obstacle courses, arts and crafts projects, and more!
1:45 pm: Game time! We usually end the game with a choice of GaGa ball or a different game.
2:00 pm: Pick up
2:00-5:00 pm: Extended day. Kids will be given the option to climb, play games, work on craft projects, or watch a movie (screen time limited to 45 minutes)