Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can rope climb in our facility without the need of our staff. This class typically takes an hour and teaches knot tying, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym. Once completed you will be able to climb on your own for the remainder of the time our facility is open!
This course is required to use the high rope walls without reserving staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
Note to members: If you register for this class and do not give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation your account will automatically be charged $20 for the class.
NOTE: This class does not certify you to belay. It will give you the tools you will need to become certified. You will need to take a belay test upon your next visit to the gym to become certified. Belay tests cannot be taken the same day as the belay class!
- Class time is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Classes will start promptly at the specified time. Late arrivals won’t be able to join the class regardless of pre-payment.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- You must pre-register below to guarantee a spot, as it fills up quickly. Each class is capped at 10 people.
- $30 for each non-member. This includes the belay class, day pass, and rental gear.
- FREE for members (preregistration is still required)
Classes are offered:
- Tuesday and Thursday at 7 pm
- Saturday and Sunday at 12 pm and 4 pm
• Register below to guarantee your spot in the class!
What to Bring
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- A signed waiver, if one is not already completed online.