If your children are already hooked on climbing, take the next step and learn to belay! By taking our Intro to Belay course and getting yourself belay certified, you can come in to the gym to belay your kids at any time at no cost to you. The only charge will be the cost of a day pass for those who are climbing, and any rental gear you need.
This course is required to use the top rope walls without reserving staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
- Class time is typically 1 hour long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class.
- Classes will start promptly at the specified time.
- To save time at the desk, fill out your waiver ahead of time.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- Reservations are required, as classes fill up quickly.
- $20 – Standard Class pricing. Covers instruction time and includes gear for the belay class.
- $35 – Belay Class Bundle. Unlimited climb time after the class and includes gear rental.
- The class is FREE for members (preregistration is still recommended).
- Please see calendar below for exact times and dates, and register to guarantee your spot!
What To Bring
What To Bring:
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- Make sure to complete your waiver in advance!