Below you can find the latest guidance from NYS on gyms and fitness centers. For more information from NYS please click HERE
Dear CRG Rochester Community,
New York State has announced that beginning August 24th, “gyms and fitness centers will be allowed to reopen at limited capacity while following rigorous safety protocols.” Which means…
We will reopen to all members and non-members on 8/24!
Gyms can operate at up to 33% capacity, which for CRG Rochester is 110 individuals. In addition to our regular check-in process, all who enter the facility will be required, by the state, to pass an official health screen questionnaire. Read below for full info on our reopening policies and procedures.
CRG Fitness Room:
- Occupancy limited to 12 individuals at one time.
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be blocked from use to ensure proper distancing.
- All equipment, including weights, bands, etc. must be disinfected after use (disinfectant will be provided).
- Exercises that require a spotter are discouraged at this time, unless the spotter and lifter are part of the same household.
- Acceptable face coverings must be properly worn at all times. Please note: gaiters, bandanas, and buffs are not acceptable face coverings for gym use per NYS.
CRG Yoga Classes:
- Our yoga class schedule will be published on our website over the next few days.
- Classes will be limited to 9 participants + 1 instructor.
- Participants should position themselves in three rows of three (spots will be marked).
- Please bring your own mats, etc. whenever possible.
- Acceptable face coverings must be worn properly at all times. Note: Gaiters, bandanas, and buffs are not acceptable / approved face coverings for gym use per NYS.
CRG Climbing Schedule and Hours:
Starting Monday 8/24, day passes will be available for non-members and our hours will be:
- Mon – Fri: 10AM – 10PM. Reservations required to climb between prime-time time slots. These time slots are: 4 – 6PM, 6 – 8PM, and 8 – 10PM
- Sat and Sun: 9AM – 7PM. Two hour time slots, reservations required for all time slots on weekends.
**Climbers who are in the facility as time approaches the reserved time slot sessions will be expected to leave before the reservation period begins unless they have a spot reserved in the following session or have spoken with a staff member. If you wish to continue climbing after your booked time slot, please check with the front desk to ensure there is enough availability.
If you have frozen or terminated your membership, you can unfreeze or renew online or during your first visit. To reactivate a terminated membership, please submit a comment on our online Member Change Request system. If you are a new member you can sign up during your visit as well. Please note, there will be NO reinstatement fees for memberships that have been terminated!
To utilize the facility during peak hours (4 – 6PM, 6 – 8PM, and 8 – 10PM on weekdays) and on weekends (all hours), you need to reserve a two-hour time slot on our website. Outside of the peak times described above, a reservation is not required.
Additionally, we have updated our waiver. This new waiver is mandatory for all new and returning climbers. Please fill this out before your visit by clicking the link below. This will help minimize your time spent at the front desk.
If you have not yet completed your required Bouldering Orientation Form, please complete it by clicking the link below. This form is mandatory for all individuals in the facility. Top rope and lead orientation forms are also required for those that have been properly certified through CRG Rochester and can be found on the website under “Orientation Form” at the top.
New policies and notes:
Please join us as we open while erring on the side of caution.
- All who enter CRG Rochester must wear a face mask for the duration of their visit. Note: Gaiters, bandanas, and buffs are not acceptable / approved face coverings for gym use per NYS.
- Please arrive with your mask on and maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others whenever possible.
- If you are rope climbing, please do not climb on a station next to one that is already in use.
- If you are bouldering, please wait your turn and defer to climbers on the wall or on the pads.
- Lead climbing is allowed, but please bring your own rope and distance yourself.
- Now is a great time to purchase climbing gear if you were using rentals in the past. This will help reduce shared equipment and front desk interactions.
- Please bring a water bottle. Our fill station is operational, but the drinking fountains are closed until further notice.
- In order to address personal hygiene, we will be offering hand sanitizer throughout the gym. We will require that you use it as you enter. In addition, we recommend that you wash or sanitize your hands frequently during your climbing session and refrain from touching your face.
- In the restrooms we have installed new, touchless soap dispensers and toilet seats with closing lids. We ask that the lids remain closed when not in use.
- Finally, we have installed MERV 13 (highest possible rating) filters for our HVAC units, ensuring maximum filtration at all times.
We are looking forward to rebuilding our community and sharing the awesome sport of climbing again! Keep in mind there will be no reinstatement fees, period. Thank you all so much for your continued support!