Compete for prizes and glory in our Spring Ropes League! Form a team of 3 with your friends and see how you do! With categories for all levels of climbers and teams, everyone is welcome.
Rules Meeting March 10th at 6pm! Please have at least one member from your team attend.
- Friday, March 10th until end of day on Sunday, April 30th.
- You must have a team of 3 to participate. If you don’t have a team please email email@example.com and we’ll work with you to find a team. There will be a prize for best team name!
- Participants will earn points for each qualifying route they send, which they will record on the provided scorecard. Scorecards will be kept at the gym. You can pick up your scorecard and score points for the league at any time.
- Sends must be verified by obtaining a witnesses’ initials on the scorecard.
- At the league’s end, winning teams will get prizes at a final ceremony!
- To earn points on a route, you must climb it from start to finish in one go. This is called a send.
- Criteria for a send:
- You may only use holds and volumes that are part of the route to help you progress towards the finish. All routes and volumes are monochromatic.
- In order to complete a climb, you must show control at top of the wall or the finish hold(s) with both hands. Make sure to check where the route finishes before starting.
- If a route finishes on a final hold instead of the top of the wall, you cannot grab the top of the wall then climb over to the route’s finish hold(s).
- You must have a witness to sign off that you sent the climb. This could be anyone as long as they can visually confirm that you completed the route in accordance with the above criteria.
- As new routes are set during the League, they will be labeled with a point value instead of a grade. To earn points, you must send applicable routes, have a witness initial that it was completed appropriately, and record the send on your scorecard.
- Every route that you send will count toward your Final Score. In order to get the maximum number of points, you must complete all the routes.
- Each teammate’s Final Score will be the sum of all the points of the routes they have sent, including any bonuses (bonuses explained below).
- Each team’s Team Score will be the average of the teammate’s individual Final Scores.
- This is a Team League! The Team Score is the only score that matters at the end. Your individual Final Score will be tracked for you to see, but not relevant to league ranking.
- Each route will remain active to score points on for 10 days. After this time has passed those routes will revert to our standard grading and points can no longer be earned.
- In the event of a tie, attempts will determine the winner (more on attempts explained below).
- At the end of the league, your lowest week of scores will be dropped.
Flash and Lead Bonuses:
- There are 3 optional bonuses that you may earn from each climb. For each route, you may earn only one bonus:
|Top Rope Flash Bonus||+1.5%|
|Lead Flash Bonus||+1.5% + 10 points|
|Lead Climb Bonus (non-flash)||+10 points|
- A flash is defined as the first time you touch the route. Trying individual moves on the route will disqualify your flash attempt.
- You get 1 total flash attempt per route, regardless of whether or not you try to flash it on top rope or lead. This means you’ll have to choose if you want your flash attempt to be on top rope or lead, so choose wisely.
- For example, if you fail to flash a route on top rope, you miss your chance to get the Lead Flash Bonus. The only bonus available to you after a failed flash attempt is the Lead Climb Bonus (non-flash).
- If you flash a route on top rope, you will get a 1.5% bonus of that route’s point value.
- Example: You top rope flash a route worth 1000 points. You will actually receive 1015 points for this send.
- If you flash a route on lead, you will get a 1.5% bonus of that route’s point value plus an extra 10 points for doing it on lead.
- Example: You lead flash a route worth 1100 points. You will actually receive 1126.5 points for this send.
- If you lead climb a route, but not a flash, you will get an extra 10 points.
- Example: You fail to flash a route worth 1200 points, but later you are able to work on it and send it on lead. You get 1210 points for this send.
- Registration: $5. The cost will be used to help pay for prizes.
- Last chance to register is end of day March 27th.
- League T-Shirt (photos to come!): $20.
- Last chance to order a T Shirt is end of day March 27th.
- Be sure to stop by the desk to register!
*Shirt color subject to change depending on printer’s availability. It should remain similar to the above.
Last day to register is end of day March 27th! Register below.