Join us this Fall for our CRG Rochester Rope Climbing League! This 6 week long league is a great opportunity to challenge yourself on ropes, have fun, meet new people, get a sweet t-shirt and possibly even win some prizes. All experience levels are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Starting on the evening of Monday, October 12th and running until Monday, November 23rd, teams of 4 will compete and record their points over a 6 week period. To earn points, teams will record their highest scores of each new set. Each set will remain active and climbable for 7 days, after which point those routes will revert to our standard grading and points can no longer be earned.
Teams are welcome to climb and track their points every day during the league. You don’t need to be at the gym at the same time as the rest of your team. Any team member can get their scorecard from the desk and record the climbs they have completed, as long as they have a witness! You can also sign up individually, and we’ll work with you to find a team.
**Read this if you were previously registered for the Spring Climbing League:
- If you were previously registered in the Spring Climbing League, you don’t need to pay anything for the Fall Climbing League. However, you do still need to register your team – please register below.
- Your team can be the same as before, or different.
- The Fall Climbing League is not a continuation of the Spring Climbing League. Your points will not carry over. This is a new league.
- Sign up with a team of 4, or sign up individually and we’ll work with you to find a team.
- Keep in mind, you do not need to be at the gym at the same time as the rest of your team. Any team member can get their scorecard from the desk and record the climbs they have completed, as long as they have a witness!
- Teams will compete in Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced categories.
- You do not need to register for a category. Your category will be determined by your team’s final score.
- The top 8 climbs of each team member over the 6 weeks will count towards the team’s final score.
- The average score of each team will count as that team’s final score. Attempts for each of those climbs will be used as tie breakers.
- An attempt is when both feet leave the ground and you touch holds on the route, make upward progress, or work beta on the route.
- If you fall while climbing a route and try again or work beta from the point where you fell, that qualifies as another attempt.
- A climb only qualifies as a send if you complete the route in one attempt (get both hands on top of the wall) without weighting the rope, taking, or falling.
- Registration Cost: $30/person. This includes a league T-shirt for everyone who registers, and prizes for the first place team!
Register below and pick up your Team Scorecard on your next visit!
*If you’re registering with a team, pick your team name in advance and enter it during registration so we can group teams accurately.
**Registration does not include membership dues or day pass.