Lock in events are designed for scout groups, youth groups, or adult groups looking to get a private, unique, and memorable experience from an all night event. Your group will have use of the gym from arrival and after close of business. Participants may bring what they need to settle in for the night, as well as for breakfast the following morning! Our staff will run games and activities if desired, or just climb until you drop. Climbing merit badges are available for scout groups as well!
See details below, and please contact our Assistant Manager, Brad Larew, at BradL@centralrockgym.com for availability and to customize your event!
What Is Involved?
What Is Involved?
- Lots of climbing, of course!
- Other activities can include dodge ball, cornhole, crate stacking, and more – let us know what kind of activity you’d like to do and we’ll see if it’s a possibility.
- Multi-use spaces for eating, classes, meetings or movies.
- We provide staffing to organize the event, classes and activities.
- Please bring an extra pair of comfortable dry shoes to wear on the wall.
- The Lock-In must have a number of people who know how to belay for the climbers of the event.
- An intro lesson takes about an hour and can be booked at no extra cost as part of the event.
- You may be trained to belay prior to the event at one of our scheduled classes or learn at the beginning of the event. All belayers must be at least 13 years old.
- Lock-Ins generally take place on Fridays and Saturdays. If you would like a different day of the week please contact us and we’ll do our best to accommodate you!
- Events run for a 12 hour period 9PM – 9AM the following day.
- If you’ve scheduled a Belay Class for before the event, this class will begin at 8PM.
- $50 per climber.
- Free for non-climbers and chaperones.
- Free Belay Class. (age 13+ only, knots & belaying)
- $40 per merit badge. ($20 intro class + $20 rappel and training session; age 13+)
- *8 participant minimum for merit badges.
- $100 non-refundable deposit due upon booking the event.