Feeling comfortable on top-rope, and ready to learn a new style of climbing? Learn how to lead climb in our Lead Climbing Class.
Lead climbing is a more advanced style of climbing that involves clipping your rope into fixed gear on the wall and placing your own protection as you climb up the wall. The class will consist of climbing 5-6 routes in the 5.7-5.9 range, practicing clipping and lead belaying.
If you cannot make a class during the normally scheduled times, we can run private classes as long as we have at least 3 people who want to take the class.
- This class is offered every Wednesday evening from 6 – 9pm.
- We recommend that you climb 5.10 or higher consistently before taking the class. You must be able to climb 5.9 or higher.
- Anyone who wishes to take this class must partake in our brief Pre-Lead Screening in which you’ll demonstrate that you have enough top-roping experience as well as proficient climbing ability to qualify for this class. To set a time for your screening and schedule your Lead Class please check in and the front desk or email email@example.com.
- Must have: Belay device (ATC or ATC-XP preferred), two-piece lead capable harness
- Registration in advance required
- Includes one-month free rope usage
- $80 – Members (FREE for members after six months of fully paid membership)
- $100 -Non-members