THE BEST WAY to get started with indoor climbing is to take a belay class!
If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time you like! The class typically takes about an hour, during which time you’ll learn knot tying, the belay process, and climbing procedures for the gym. After class, you’ll have some practice time to hone your skills before taking your Belay Test at the start of your next climbing session.
Ages 13+. Pre-registration required – see calendar below.
Already confident in knowing how to belay? Come in and simply take our test to test out of the class!
Please see our COVID FAQ section for any questions related to how our procedures have changed due to COVID-19.
- Class time is typically 1 hour long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class.
- Classes will start promptly at the specified time.
- To save time at the desk, fill out your waiver ahead of time.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- Reservations are required, as classes fill up quickly.
- $20 – Standard Class pricing. Covers instruction time and includes gear for the belay class.
- $35 – Belay Class Bundle. Unlimited climb time after the class and includes gear rental.
- The class is FREE for members (preregistration is still recommended).
- Please see calendar below for exact times and dates, and register to guarantee your spot!
What To Bring
What To Bring:
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- A signed waiver, if one is not already completed online.