If your children are already hooked on climbing take the next step and learn to belay. Instead of having our staff work with you for a limited 1-hour time slot, take an hour, learn to belay and then come in any day with your kids and stay as long as you like! This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym. Once completed you will be able to work with your kids the remainder of the time our facility is open that day. Day pass and rental gear purchase will only be required for those who are climbing in the gym.
This course is required to use the high rope walls without reserving staff assistance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
- Class time is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Classes will start promptly at the specified time and will be capped at 6 people (no exceptions), so please arrive 10 – 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Late arrivals will not be able to join a class that has already begun regardless of pre-payment.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- FREE for members (you still have to register)
- $15 for non-members
- Non-members must also purchase day passes and rental equipment on the day of the event if they wish to climb after the class.