Have you conquered the top ropes at Central Rock and are ready for a new challenge? Learn how to lead climb in our Lead Climbing Class!
Lead climbing is a more advanced style of climbing that involves clipping your rope into fixed gear on the wall and placing your own protection as you climb up the wall. The class will consist of climbing 5-6 routes in the 5.7-5.9 range, practicing clipping and lead belaying.
If you cannot make a class during the normally scheduled times, we can run private classes as long as we have at least 2 people who want to take the class. Please email StephanieF@centralrockgym.com to schedule a private class at least 10 days in advance. We will do our best to accommodate your requests.
- You must be at least 13 years old.
- You must be able to consistently climb 5.9 or harder to take the class.
- You must learn and test on an ATC belay device.
You must be top rope belay certified before the day of your lead class.
- You must have your own lead-capable harness. Ropes will be provided by CRG.
- Includes one month of free rope rentals.
- The content of this class is limited to indoor climbing only; there is far more material to learn before taking these new skills outside.
- $60 for members (FREE for members after six months of fully paid membership)
- $75 for non-members