The Youth Adaptive Climbing meetups at CRG Riverside were created to provide an opportunity for children with disabilities to explore rock climbing. We hope to encourage and facilitate children with disabilities to spend time in a group setting with other kids while they discover a new activity to enjoy. The sessions will be run by volunteers who have been trained by the ParaCliff Hangers organization in adaptive climbing facilitation. Each session will be approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes long and will allow for the kids to climb at our Riverside facility.
These sessions are designed specifically for children between the ages of 6 and 11 years old.
For more information on the ParaCliff Hangers mission, and how you can get more involved, please visit their website via THIS LINK.
The schedule can be found via the Calendar at the bottom of this page.
Advance Sign-Up is required. Please register below.
- ParaClimbers: $15
- Belay volunteers***: Free
- Rental Gear: Included at no cost
***Volunteers must be belay certified at CRG or have the ability to pass a belay test on arrival***
ParaClimbers, please do the following:
- Before your first session, please fill out THIS INTEREST FORM so that our facilitators can plan accordingly.
- Please book your session via the calendar at the bottom of this page.
- You will have the choice of registering either for one specific day or to register for the entire semester in advance. Registering for the entire semester in advance can ONLY be before and up to September 21st, the first session.
Register for whichever session you wish/are available for.
- CRG Member volunteers – if you can commit to volunteering for at least 5 sessions, you will receive a free month’s membership.
- Non CRG Member volunteers – you will be welcome to stay and climb for free on the day you volunteered, and will also receive a Free Day Pass that can be redeemed any day afterwards.
- Our facility is wheelchair friendly, with ramp access inside and outside the gym, and a dedicated elevator between the lobby and climbing area
- The front desk and all restrooms are ADA compliant.
- We are located on 60th street, between West End Avenue & Freedom Place.
- The nearest Accessible subway station is 59th Street – Columbus Circle, which services the A,B,C,D & 1 lines.
- There is also the M57 bus service which has stops at both 61st and 59th street on West End Avenue
- CRG offers a discount of 50% on our Intro to Belay class for any friend or family member of a ParaClimber who wishes to get more involved. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this.
- Youth Adaptive Climbing sessions will occur on set Thursdays throughout the semester, from September to December
- Sessions will run from 5:00 PM – 6:15 PM.
- Sessions will be bookable through the end of 2023, when we switch over to our spring 2024 calendar. Fill out the interest form to get automatic updates regarding the summer schedule.