Tiny Titans is fully booked for Spring 2024. Join the Interest List to be updated about Fall 2024 access.
Tiny Titans provides an engaging climbing experience and the opportunity for younger climbers to further their climbing knowledge. Through games, creative challenges, and skill-building activities, participants will learn basic climbing techniques, and build self-confidence.
Tiny Titans is for younger kids (ages 8-12 years old) who are looking for a group class that provides a fun and supportive climbing experience.
Our Tiny Titans program is designed to accommodate youth climbers looking for consistent climbing instruction while getting to enjoy climbing with their peers. During the class, participants will learn proper falling technique, footwork fundamentals, and how to approach new climbs. This program includes warm-ups, activities, and games to make their experience engaging as they begin to immerse themselves in the sport of climbing.
How To Register
How To Register
CRG Manhattan strives to provide the highest quality in climbing education and social development to our youth program participants. As such, we have limited roster sizes and access to our programs is highly competitive. Prospective participants can find registration information below:
- All children must participate in a trial session and be evaluated before joining one of our youth programs. Access to trial sessions is contingent in open spaces on the program. Use the Calendar at the bottom of this page to register for a tryout session when the enrollment period opens.
- Trial sessions generally occur once per year, in August. Should a spot open up on one of our programs mid-year/mid-season, we will go down the list of participants in order of those who have already tried out, and then to those on our interest list.
- If you have not already done so, please use the button at the top of this page to join our e-mail Interest List. We will use this information to communicate to everyone when there are program openings.
Please note the following:
- ***Filling out the interest list form does not guarantee placement in either a trial or the youth programs themselves*** This is only used to keep track of those who wish to receive notice when the trial session booking period is about to open.
- For any questions not addressed here, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and our coaches will be happy to help. Registration for our youth teams cannot be accomplished by emailing this inbox.
- Access to tryout sessions is first-come, first-served and is limited to the availability shown in the calendar below.
Spring 2024 Tryouts will occur between Tuesday, 1/30/24 and Thursday, 2/1/24
Tryout sessions cost a non-refundable $50 per participant. Should a participant be accepted into the program, their tryout fee will roll into their first month’s dues.
Booking a trial session does not guarantee program placement. Coaches will inform participants of their decision after every prospective participant has completed their tryout session, and no decisions are made until everyone has tried out.
A child’s level of physical fitness or inherent climbing ability is not the most important factor for us. We consider the following when evaluating a child for our youth programs:
- Social/emotional maturity and ability to focus on the task at hand in a group setting
- Ability to receive constructive criticism from coaches
- Willingess to learn and enthusiasm for the sport
- Ability to meet program schedule
The program schedule is set, and children are assigned to either the Monday/Saturday or Wednesday/Saturday blocks, based on availability. There is no crossover between the two blocks, except in the event of someone needing a makeup class. We ask that people not book a tryout if they cannot commit to either one of the blocks as described in the schedule on the next tab.
Tiny Titans sessions meet twice per week. We offer two blocks of Tiny Titans programming, which participants stick to for the duration of the semester.
- Mondays from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM and Saturdays from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Wednesdays from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM and Saturdays from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM.
- Fall/Winter 2023: Saturday, September 9th, 2023 to Saturday, January 27th, 2024.
- Winter/Spring 2024: Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 to Saturday, June 22nd, 2024.
- Summer 2024: Tiny Titans does not meet during the summer
Price & Program Details
- Tiny Titans costs $291/month per climber for up to 2 sessions per week. Program options are limited by availability and roster size
- Participants also receive a full membership to the gym, and are encourage to climb outside of their class times as well.
- $50 for a trial session, which will be rolled into the first month’s dues if the child is accepted into Climb Club.
Participants will have access to:
- Technique training
- Instructor supervised free-climb time
- Group games & team building activities
- Outdoor climbing movie & competitive climbing video showings
- Climbing gear rental included for the duration of the program