Program is now full. Please join the interest list to be notified of openings or the 2024/25 tryout schedule.
The Teen Recreational Club provides a structured climbing experience and the opportunity for older children to build their climbing knowledge with supportive instructors and peers. Through games, creative challenges, and skill-building activities, participants will improve their climbing technique, build confidence, and be inspired to become life-long climbers.
Teen Rec. Club is for older kids (ages 12-18 years old) who are looking for a group class that allows them to further integrate into the climbing community. This program provides a climbing experience that keeps older children stimulated without the rigors of a competitive program.
Our Teen Rec. Club program provides a community that will allow older children to further their love for climbing. During the class, participants will develop a greater understanding of climbing movement, grow teamwork skills, and learn about the world of climbing. These objectives will be met through projecting, skill-based activities and challenges, exposure to climbing content, and the motivation of their instructors. Our goal is to help shape responsible, passionate climbers who can continue to enjoy the sport throughout their lives, in the hopes that it becomes as integral to their lives as it is to ours.
How To Register
How To Register
CRG Manhattan strives to provide the highest quality in climbing education and social development to our youth program participants. As such, we have limited roster sizes and access to our programs is highly competitive. Prospective participants can find registration information below:
- All children must participate in a trial session and be evaluated before joining one of our youth programs. Access to trial sessions is contingent in open spaces on the program. Use the Calendar at the bottom of this page to register for a tryout session when the enrollment period opens.
- Trial sessions generally occur once per year, in August. Should a spot open up on one of our programs mid-year/mid-season, we will go down the list of participants in order of those who have already tried out, and then to those on our interest list.
- If you have not already done so, please use the button at the top of this page to join our e-mail Interest List. We will use this information to communicate to everyone when there are program openings.
Please note the following:
- ***Filling out the interest list form does not guarantee placement in either a trial or the youth programs themselves*** This is only used to keep track of those who wish to receive notice when the trial session booking period is about to open.
- For any questions not addressed here, feel free to e-mail email@example.com and our coaches will be happy to help. Registration for our youth teams cannot be accomplished by emailing this inbox.
- Access to tryout sessions is first-come, first-served and is limited to the availability shown in the calendar below.
Tryout sessions cost a non-refundable $50 per participant. Should a participant be accepted into the program, their tryout fee will roll into their first month’s dues.
Booking a trial session does not guarantee program placement. Coaches will inform participants of their decision after every prospective participant has completed their tryout session, and no decisions are made until everyone has tried out.
A child’s level of physical fitness or inherent climbing ability is not the most important factor for us. We consider the following when evaluating a child for our youth programs:
- Social/emotional maturity and ability to focus on the task at hand in a group setting
- Ability to receive constructive criticism from coaches
- Willingess to learn and enthusiasm for the sport
- Ability to meet program schedule
The program schedule, as described on the next tab. We ask that people not book a tryout if they cannot commit to the weekly schedule as described in that tab.
Teen Rec. Club sessions meet:
- Thursdays 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM and Saturdays 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Fall/Winter 2023: Saturday, September 9th, 2023 to Saturday, January 27th, 2024.
- Winter/Spring 2024: Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 to Saturday, June 22nd, 2024.
- Summer 2024: Teen Rec. Team does not meet during the summer
Price & Program Details
- Teen Rec. Club costs $299/month per climber for up to 2 sessions per week. Program access is limited by availability and roster size.
- Participants also receive a full membership to the gym, and are encourage to climb outside of their class times as well.
- $50 for a trial session, which will be rolled into the first month’s dues if the participant is accepted into the program
Participants will have access to:
- Technique training
- Instructor supervised free-climb time
- Group games & team building activities
- Outdoor climbing movie & competitive climbing video showings
- Climbing gear rental included for the duration of the program