Recreational Club is for kids ages 8-16 years old who have some previous climbing experience and would like to integrate further in the climbing community/culture without the rigors of preparing for competitive climbing.
Our Recreational Club program provides a more profound orientation to climbing as a sport. During the class children will have the opportunity to experience climbing drills, learn outdoor etiquette, and how to integrate into the climbing community as they grow. Our goal is to share our love for climbing, in the hopes that it becomes as integral to the children’s lives as it is to ours. This class is super fun and includes activities like watching climbing movies, learning from routesetters about climb creation, and advanced knot tying.
Rec. Club is fully booked for January – June. Join the Interest List to be notified when tryouts open for Fall 2023.
How To Register
How To Register
CRG Manhattan strives to provide the highest quality in climbing education and social development to our youth program participants. As such, we have limited roster sizes and access to our programs is highly competitive. Prospective participants can find registration information below:
- All children must participate in a trial session and be evaluated before joining one of our youth programs. Access to trial sessions is contingent on open spaces on the program.
- Trial sessions occur once per semester, at the beginning, and are accessible via reservation only. Trials are generally held in late August/early September for the September – December semester, and early-mid January for the January – June semester. Booking for the trials typically becomes available 3 weeks out.
- If you have not already done so, please use the button at the top of this page to join our e-mail Interest List. We will use this information to communicate to everyone when the trial session booking period is about to open.
- ***Filling out the interest list form does not guarantee placement in either a trial or the youth programs themselves*** This is only used to keep track of those who wish to receive notice when the trial session booking period is about to open.
- For any questions not addressed here, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and our coaches will be happy to help. Please note that registration for our youth teams cannot be accomplished by emailing this inbox.
- Booking a trial session does not guarantee program placement. Coaches will inform participants of their decision within 72 hours following the trial session.
Recreational Club sessions meet:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturdays from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM.
- Fall/Winter 2022: Thursday, September 1st to Wednesday, December 14th.
- Winter/Spring 2023: Tuesday, January 10th to Saturday, June 24th
- Summer 2023: Rec. Club does not meet over the summer
Price & Program Details
- Rec. Club costs $309/month per climber for up to 2 sessions per week. Program options are limited by availability and roster size, but participants can choose which days to sign up for within the limits imposed by availability.
- Participants also receive a full membership to the gym, and are encourage to climb outside of their class times as well.
- $50 for a trial session, which will be rolled into the first month’s dues if the child is accepted into Rec. Club.
Participants will have access to:
- Technique training
- Instructor supervised free-climb time
- Group games & team building activities
- Outdoor climbing movie & competitive climbing video showings
- Climbing gear rental included for the duration of the program