Recreational Club is for kids ages 8-16 years old who have some previous climbing experience and would like to integrate further in the climbing community/culture without the rigors of preparing for competitive climbing.
Our Recreational Club program provides a more profound orientation to climbing as a sport. During the class children will have the opportunity to experience climbing drills, learn outdoor etiquette, and how to integrate into the climbing community as they grow. Our goal is to share our love for climbing, in the hopes that it becomes as integral to the children’s lives as it is to ours. This class is super fun and includes activities like watching climbing movies, learning from routesetters about climb creation, and advanced knot tying.
Recreational Club sessions meet:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturdays from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM.
- Fall/Winter 2021: Monday, August 23rd to Friday, December 17th.
- Winter/Spring 2022: Monday, January 10th to Friday, June 24th.
- Summer 2022: TBD
- Fall/Winter 2022: TBD
Price & Program Details
- Climb Club costs $249/month per climber for up to 2 sessions per week. Program options are limited by availability and roster size, but participants can choose which days to sign up for within the limits imposed by availability.
- Participants also receive a full membership to the gym, and are encourage to climb outside of their class times as well.
- $50 for a trial session, which will be rolled into the first month’s dues if the child is accepted into Climb Club.
Participants will have access to:
- Technique training
- Instructor supervised free-climb time
- Group games & team building activities
- Outdoor climbing movie & competitive climbing video showings
- Climbing gear rental included for the duration of the program
How To Register
How To Register
CRG Manhattan strives to provide the highest quality in climbing education and social development to our youth program participants. As such, we have limited roster sizes and access to our programs is highly competitive. Prospective participants can find registration information below:
- If you have not already done so, please use the button at the top of this page to join our e-mail Waitlist. We will use this information to send a reminder e-mail 1 week before booking is made available.
- All children must participate in a trial session and be evaluated before joining one of our youth programs. Registration for trial sessions must be done through the calendar at the bottom of this page. Access to trial sessions is contingent on open spaces on the program.
- Trial Sessions can only be booked through the calendar tool at the bottom of this page.
- Trial Sessions for Winter/Spring 2022 will occur between , Thursday 1/13/22, and Friday, 2/18/22.
- The calendar at the bottom of this page will open for bookings at 12:00 PM noon on Tuesday, December 7th, 2021.
- A reminder email to everyone that has signed up for the waitlist will be sent out on Tuesday, November 30th, 2021. We strongly recommend everyone interested in participating in Rec Club during the Winter/Spring semester join the Waitlist before this day.
- Anyone who is unable to register for a trial session should still join the Waitlist. We will use the information collected to notify prospective participants of openings mid-semester.
- For any questions not addressed here, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and our coaches will be happy to help. Please note that registration for our youth teams cannot be accomplished by emailing this inbox.
- Booking a trial session does not guarantee program placement. Coaches will inform participants of their decision within 72 hours following the trial session.