The Advanced Team is for kids ages 7-18 years of age who have previous regular climbing experience and would like to gain some insight into what training for competitive climbing is like.
Admission to Advanced Team is by invitation only. Please e-mail ManhattanYouth@centralrockgym.com for information regarding try-outs.
Fall 2021 Advanced Team will run from Monday, August 23rd to Friday, December 17th.
Advanced Team will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 – 6 PM.
- Technical climbing skill development
- Foundational fitness for climbing training
- Competitive mindset introduction
- Climbing gear rental
Team Dues + Full Membership:
- $299/month per climber for 2 or 3 sessions per week, with your choice of which sessions to attend. A minimum of 2 per week is required.
- Please note, at this time parents may not be allowed in the facility during club due to our limited occupancy.
- Parents are able to purchase a $33 day pass to climb or use the fitness facility during club practices.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to check-in at the front desk. If you have not yet filled out a waiver, please do so here.
The Advanced Team is geared towards intermediate to advanced level climbers who are curious about the competition scene, and would like to experience the competitive atmosphere without the exacting rigors that committed competitive climbers are subject to. Climbers will have the chance to hone their skills and learn advanced climbing techniques. They will also have the chance to develop strategies which are used by competitive athletes. Our season is structured to align with USA Climbing’s recreational season. This team is accessible by invite or scheduled try-out only!