We are open for walk-ins during our Off-Peak hours! Details regarding our off-peak schedule and walk in policies can be found below.
Our current Maximum Capacity is: 50 climbers. You can see our current occupancy on the gauge to the right!
The only way to GUARANTEE access to our facility during our Peak Hours is to make a reservation, which can be done HERE.
Please read through the tabs below prior to your visit for facility, youth, and COVID-19 related policies!
Walk In Policies
- There are no reservations needed during our Walk-in hours.
- Walk-in hours are as follows:
- 10 AM – 3:30 PM & 7:30 PM – 11 PM Monday – Friday
- 8 AM – 11:30 AM & 4 PM – 8 PM Saturday and Sunday
- Customers climbing during our Walk-In hours MAY stay and climb during the following Peak session, ONLY if there is room in that session. Ask the front desk staff if you would like to extend your session.
- Customers climbing during Peak-hour timeslots MAY stay and climb into the following Walk-In session.
- There are no restrictions to how many times per week a Member may visit the gym during Walk-in hours.
- Staff will announce “Last Climbs” promptly at 3:20 PM, so that we may thoroughly clean the facility before the Peak-hour reservation period begins.
- All Customers must complete a COVID-19 Screening Form prior to every climbing session or entry to the facility.
Kids Hours & Youth Climbing
- The facility is limited to participants 13 years old or older starting at 6:00 PM on weeknights, and 4:00 PM on weekends. Participants 12 years old or younger must be finished climbing by these times.
- Participants 13 years of age or older may climb at any time, without a chaperone present.
- Participants 12 years old or younger require a chaperone present in the facility at all times.
- Everyone in the facility, regardless of whether they are participating or not, needs to fill out a Waiver.
- No more than one chaperone per child is allowed in the facility.
- Members between the ages of 8 and 12 may be accompanied by a non-participating chaperone.
- Members under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an actively participating, Member chaperone.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a Waiver signed by a Legal Parent or Guardian. Temporary guardians such as babysitters/nannies may not fill out a Waiver form.
- Children must be 8 years old or older to climb in the Bouldering area.
- Children under the age of 8 may climb on our Top Rope wall or use the Auto-belays.
- Please stay tuned for information regarding youth group classes, and recreational and competitive teams. We appreciate your patience as we work to create a new youth climbing offering that addresses many of the challenges presented by COVID-19 pandemic during the 2020/21 school year. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
New Facility Protocols
- All customers are required to wear masks in the facilities at all times. Masks must covers the nose and mouth, and fit snugly against the side of one’s face.
- Gaiters and bandanas are not an acceptable face covering at Central Rock Gym. Should a customer arrive with an inadequate face covering, a complementary one will be provided.
- Please maintain at least 6′ of social distance, whenever possible.
- At this time our facility will be limited to open climbing only; no group classes. We hope to bring back more of our regular offering as restrictions ease.
- Please give right of way to anyone already on the bouldering wall or staging themselves on the pads. Please communicate with each other in order to facilitate social distancing measures in the boulder area.
- Please stagger yourself on the rope walls. If someone is already climbing on a particular rope station, please do not climb on the station to the left or right of them. Please use common sense and be considerate.
- Please help us keep track of which lockers and cubbies need cleaning by following the instructions on the Red/Green cards!
- We encourage you to bring your own water, as our water fountains will be closed until further notice. Water bottles and Gatorade will be available for purchase at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is prominently placed in the gym- please use it upon entry and exit, at a minimum. Please refrain from touching your face during your climbing session.
- You should wash your hands before climbing, after climbing, as well as, before/after eating.
- Use of liquid chalk, made with alcohol to kill germs, is recommended at least a few times per climbing session. We are providing liquid chalk for free.
- Our communal chalk buckets are closed until further notice.
- Please sanitize any fitness equipment you use during your session.
- If you are feeling sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home until you are feeling better.
- Please bring your own shoes,harness, etc. We are trying to minimize rental usage at this time.