Originally from Tucson, AZ, Josh grew up hearing stories of climbing outings from his mom. The common theme between all of these stories was an open-armed camaraderie between people who felt just as comfortable challenging each other’s limits from a physical and mental perspective while supporting each other through hard climbs, personal failures, & life’s rough patches. This sense of community is what drew Josh back into climbing after a decade-long hiatus.
During his lessons, Josh strives to instill a sense of confidence & self-trust through communication and encouragement. His goal is to excite, motivate, and build curiosity. When he isn’t rock climbing, he is living out his childhood dream –performing throughout the city with his bassoon. Committed to engaging and supporting his community, Josh serves on the leadership team of CRUX, which is an LGBTQ non-profit geared towards expanding access to climbing and outdoor sports and hosts an LGBTQ Climb Night twice a month.
Booking a Lesson with Josh
- Lesson with Josh must be booked via e-mail: email@example.com
- Lessons must be booked at least 3 days out.
- A $50 deposit is collect at the time of booking.
- Deposit is fully refundable with at least 48 hours notice.
All rates listed are per hour. CRG Manhattan monthly Members qualify for the discounted rate shown in parentheses. Maximum of 3 participants per session.
- $95 ($80 for Members) / hour for 1 participant
- $150 ($120 for Members) / hour for 2 participants
- $195 ( $150 for Members) / hour for 3 participants
First Time Climbers
- If this is your first time climbing at Central Rock Gym Manhattan, please fill out the Waiver. For participants under the age of 18, Waivers must be filled out by a Legal Parent or Guardian.