Jim started climbing in 2009 at the age of 14 when the first Central Rock Gym opened in Worcester, MA. He quickly joined the competitive rock climbing team and started working part time at the gym. Jim continued to work at Central Rock Gym through high school and college at multiple Central Rock Gym locations.
Jim attended UMass Amherst and received a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. He then stayed in Amherst and worked as an engineer and climbed at Central Rock Hadley. Realizing that he enjoyed time spent in the gym more than time spent engineering, he decided to make a change. Jim is excited to bring his love of climbing to the city.
Booking a Lesson with Jim
- Use the calendar below to book a lesson with Jim.
- Lessons are booked at least 3 days out.
- A $50 deposit is collect at the time of booking.
- Deposit is fully refundable with at least 48 hours notice.
- To inquire about a lesson outside the times listed in the calendar below, e-mail Jim directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All rates listed are per hour. CRG Manhattan monthly Members qualify for the discounted rate shown in parentheses. Maximum of 3 participants per session.
- $95 ($80 for Members) / hour for 1 participant
- $150 ($120 for Members) / hour for 2 participants
- $195 ( $150 for Members) / hour for 3 participants
First Time Climbers
- If this is your first time climbing at Central Rock Gym Manhattan, please fill out the Waiver. For participants under the age of 18, Waivers must be filled out by a Legal Parent or Guardian.