Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can climb on the 40′ walls that require a rope without the need of our staff. This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym.
This course is required to use the Top Rope climbing walls without reserving staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
*FREE for members.
- Class time is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Classes will start promptly at the specified time and will be capped at 4 people (no exceptions).
- Please arrive early to ensure that you are on time for class.
- Late arrivals will not be able to join a class that has already begun regardless of pre-payment.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- The Intro Belay Class costs $55 per person for non-members, and includes access to the facility after the class.
- See below to schedule your course! You must pre-register to guarantee a spot!
MEMBERS: Want to practice your recently learned Belay skills, but don’t have a consistent partner? Roll right into a Top Rope Tuesday session! Click Here for details.