Youth Programs Director
Availablility: Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as a Youth Programs Director! As a Youth Programs Director, you will lead coaches and foster a fun and welcoming environment for youth programs of all ages by introducing fundamentals of climbing, building a strong base, continuing to develop skills, creating a solid curriculum and ensuring a highly-engaged CRG youth community experience; will reinforce the team pillars of community, grit, and growth for our youth programs; maintain excitement for climbing, investment in the progress of youth, and determination to constantly improve the environment; and will manage and run our summer camps.
- Previous experience working with youth in an adventure/educational setting
- Strong behavior management skills with youth of all ages
- Strong in-person and remote communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of climbing experience
- Weekday afternoon availability and willingness to work weekends
- Proficiency in top rope belaying
- Careful attention to detail, ability to analyze movement and provide insightful feedback
- Passionate about introducing youth of all ages to climbing
- A desire to be with our program long-term
- Strong desire to develop professionally as a coach
- Experience coaching or working with youth in an outdoor/adventure based setting
- Ability to think critically and creatively about presenting lessons to groups
- Experience in training others, and communicating clearly around training goals
- Regularly leading practices with confidence
- Work with manager to create a programming schedule for each season
- Communication with parents around each program
- Completion of SafeSport training for youth coaches
- Summer Camp – work with DOH to get permitted and follow DOH standards when training staff
- Work collaboratively with manager to schedule, determine pricing, and hire/train staff for each season/offering for youth programs
- Strict adherence to our coaches’ code of conduct
- Create and implement weekly lesson plans
- Consistent communication with coaching staff regarding scheduling, practice, and youth progress
- Other duties as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive pay based on experience plus great benefits including free gym membership and industry pro deals for all employees. We offer full-time eligible employees paid time off, health & dental insurance, and 401(k) program with match.
Click on a location to apply:Submit resume, references, & days/times you're available for an interview.