Availablility: Part Time
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Counselor for our Camps! As a Counselor, you will foster a fun and welcoming camp environment for youth of all ages by introducing fundamentals of climbing, building a strong base, continuing to develop skills, help create a solid curriculum and ensuring a highly-engaged CRG youth community experience.
- Previous experience working with youth in a camp, outdoor/adventure based or educational setting
- Strong behavior management skills with youth of all ages
- Strong in-person communication skills with children, parents/guardians and staff
- Availability during all camp operating weeks from morning until mid-afternoon
- Proficiency in top rope belaying or a willingness to learn
- Careful attention to detail, ability to analyze movement and provide insightful feedback
- Passionate about introducing youth of all ages to climbing and getting them excited
- A desire to be with our program for the duration of camp
- Ability to think critically and creatively about presenting lessons to groups
- Mature, punctual and ability to take direction from Camp Director
Before Camp –
- Attend training session(s)
- Receive required certifications (including SafeSport, CPR/First Aid, etc.) and provide documentation
- Communicate with Camp Director when needed (response time to emails is 24-48 hours)
During Camp –
- Oversee assigned group of campers, ensure their safety, engage with them in a professional manner
- Communicate with staff and Camp Director during camp hours – bring attention to any issues or incidents reporting IMMEDIATELY to Camp Director to ensure appropriate action is taken if necessary
- Belay kids and help improve climbing technique
- Run various assigned activities including games and crafts – leading with confidence and adhering to coaches’ code of conduct
- Set up and break down activities each day
- Consistent clear communication with campers and parents to help disseminate information about CRG programming and youth progress (example: Talk to the campers about the kinds of programs we have and what this specific kid does or a kid is a naturally great climber, tell their parents! Tell kids they are good at climbing!)
- Other duties as required
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive pay based on experience plus great benefits including free gym membership and industry pro deals for all employees. We offer full-time eligible employees paid time off, health & dental insurance, and 401(k) program with match.
Click on a location to apply:Submit resume, references, & days/times you're available for an interview.