Availablility: Part Time/Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as a Competitive Coach! As a Coach, you will foster a fun and welcoming environment for youth athletes of all ages by introducing fundamentals of climbing, building a strong base, continuing to develop skills, creating a solid curriculum and ensuring a highly-engaged CRG youth community experience; will reinforce the competitive team pillars of community, grit, and growth for our youth program; and maintain excitement for climbing, investment in the progress of athletes, and determined to constantly improve the environment.
- Previous experience working with youth climbers
- Strong in-person and remote communication skills
- Minimum 4 years of climbing experience
- Weekday afternoon availability and willingness to work weekends to support athletes in competitions and training camps
- Proficiency in lead climbing and belaying
- Careful attention to detail, ability to analyze movement and provide insightful feedback
- Ability to support teenage athletes in an often stressful training environment
- Knowledge of USA Climbing competition formats, rules, and strategies
- Passionate climber with competition experience
- A desire to be with our program long-term
- Strong desire to develop professionally as a coach
- Regularly leading practices with confidence
- Completion of SafeSport training for youth coaches
- Strict adherence to our coaches’ code of conduct
- Creating and following carefully structured training programs
- Consistent communication with coaching staff regarding scheduling, practice, and athlete progress
- Other duties as required
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive pay based on experience plus great benefits including free gym membership and industry pro deals for all employees. We offer full-time eligible employees paid time off, health & dental insurance, and 401(k) program with match.