Plan a fantastic summer experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our weeklong youth vacation programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
The program runs from 9am to 2pm, Monday through Friday all summer long and extended day options are available! Registration for summer 2018 is open!
NEW this summer: Weekly themes! Read more about the themes here!
Please contact Cristi at email@example.com with any questions.
During our fun-filled, week-long summer program sessions kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities, such as the “Flying Squirrel” and “The Giant’s Ladder.” While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff.
- Non-Member: $325 for 1st child ($275 additional siblings)
- Member: $275 ($225 additional siblings) – Participant must be the member to get the discount! Frozen and terminated members do not qualify.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit.The full balance must be paid one week from the start of the session.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single day registrations, and cancellations must be made no later than 48 in advance.
- Closed July 4th: Special 80% pricing that week for a four day week
- Non-members: $275 per child
- Members: $225 per child
- Discounts cannot be stacked. Only one discount per child, per week.
- Normal hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm.
- Extended hours:
- Early drop-off: From 8am-9am and is $10/child/day.
- Late pick-up: From 2pm-4pm and is $20/child/day.
- If you would like to take advantage of these services, please identify which days you will be dropping off early or picking up late on the registration form. Arrangements for an early drop-off or late pick-up must be made in advance. The extra charges for these services are fixed and are also paid for in ADVANCE.
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
What to Bring
What to bring:
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!),
- Snacks (We are a peanut-free program.)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in
- Climbers with longer hair should wear their hair tied back for safety reasons
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to bouldering and top roping
- Instruction on belaying and different climbing techniques
- Warm ups, games, team building activities and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
- A t-shirt to take home at the end of the week
- June 25-29:”Climbing in Our Own Backyard”
- July 2-6 (Not meeting on the 4th): “Superhero Week”
- Non Members: $275 per child
- Members: $225 per child
- July 9-13: “Games Week”
- July 16-20: “Animal Kingdom Week”
- July 23-27: “Ninja Warrior Week”
- July 30-August 3: “Superhero Week”
- August 6-10: “Mountaineering Week”
- August 13-17: “Destination: Climbing (Climbing Around the World) Week”
- August 20-24: “Ninja Warrior Week”
Central Rock Gym welcomes children of all abilities and skill levels! In order to ensure a fun and successful week for your child, please inform the program staff of special needs for your child which may include severe allergies, disabilities, behavioral issues, health conditions or pre-existing injuries. The more we know about your child, the better we can help them enjoy their week at Central Rock Gym!