This winter break we are excited to offer two different 1-day adventures for children ages 6-13 to learn about rock climbing in a fun and supportive environment. No climbing experience is necessary as our qualified staff will guide each participant through the physical and mental challenges of climbing.
Each one day adventure begins at 9am with an orientation to the gym and an overview of the sport of rock climbing. After the orientation, there will be ice-breaker games followed by a break for a snack. The rest of the day will be dedicated to climbing-based activities including team-building exercises, bouldering, and top-roping with a break at noon for lunch. The day ends with a group game before pickup at 2pm. Spend your winter break climbing, improving coordination and balance, making new friends, and having fun at CRG Hadley!
- Thursday, December 26th: “Top Roping Adventures”
- Friday, December 27th: “Mastering the Boulder Wall”
Pricing: $80 per day ($70 for 2nd child)
The following documents are due by December 19, 2019:
What to Bring
What to bring:
- Snacks (We are a peanut-free program.)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in
- Climbers with longer hair should wear their hair tied back for safety reasons
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to bouldering and top roping
- Instruction on different climbing techniques
- Warm ups, games, team building activities and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
- A t-shirt to take home at the end of the day
Parents Please Note:
- Each day has its own registration.
- If you want your child to attend both days, you must register them twice. We highly recommend creating a booking profile to help speed up the booking process for you.
- Credits and refunds will not be allowed for No-Shows.
- Stacking discounts is not permitted.
- Registration closes 7 days before the 1st day of the program.
- No multi-day discounts.
- Central Rock Gym welcomes children of all abilities and skill levels! In order to ensure a fun and successful week for your child, please inform the program staff of special needs for your child which may include severe allergies, disabilities, behavioral issues, health conditions or pre-existing injuries. The more we know about your child, the better we can help them enjoy their week at Central Rock Gym!