Plan a fantastic vacation week experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our weeklong youth vacation programs offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
The program runs from 9am to 2pm, Monday through Friday during February and April vacation weeks!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
During our fun-filled, week-long vacation program sessions kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities, such as the “Flying Squirrel” and “The Giant’s Ladder.” While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff.
- Non-Member: $325 for 1st child ($275 additional siblings)
- Member: $275 ($225 additional siblings) – Participant must be the member to get the discount! Frozen and terminated members do not qualify.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is retained from the deposit.The full balance must be paid one week from the start of the session.
- Please note: There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single day registrations, and cancellations must be made no later than 48 in advance.
- Discounts cannot be stacked. Only one discount per child, per week.
- Monday – Friday, 9am-2pm
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.
For your Information: Link to information on the Meningococcal Virus.
What to Bring
What to bring:
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!),
- Snacks (We are a peanut-free program.)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in
- Climbers with longer hair should wear their hair tied back for safety reasons
What we provide:
- The climbing gear needed (including shoes and a harness)
- Introduction to bouldering and top roping
- Instruction on belaying and different climbing techniques
- Warm ups, games, team building activities and challenges for all ages and abilities
- A staff of qualified counselors
The following documents are due by the week before your child’s first week of camp. Example: If your child is attending August 5th, the forms are due July 29th. You may email or snail mail them to us!
Central Rock Gym welcomes children of all abilities and skill levels! In order to ensure a fun and successful week for your child, please inform the program staff of special needs for your child which may include severe allergies, disabilities, behavioral issues, health conditions or pre-existing injuries. The more we know about your child, the better we can help them enjoy their week at Central Rock Gym!