This intro belay class will teach you how to properly rope climb in our facility. For those who have never belayed before, who do not remember how to properly belay, or how to tie in, this class will teach you the basics so you can enjoy rope climbing in our gym(s) without booking a staff member for assistance.
If you’re already confident in knowing how to belay, you do not need to take this class and can instead demonstrate your skills to a staff member and test out of the class.
- This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym.
- The class will start promptly at the specified time and will be capped at 6 people (no exceptions).
- Please show up 5 minutes early to get setup with equipment. We cannot guarantee a delayed start for those who arrive late regardless of pre-payment.
- Must be age 13+ to take the class (under 13 may still climb while belayed by a certified belayer)
- Once the class is over your can practice your new skills by staying to climb as long as you would like!
- You must pre-register to guarantee a spot, as it fills up quickly. See the schedule below to book your spot!
- FREE for members
- $50 for non-members. Includes instruction, gear, and climbing after the class.
*All participants must have a signed Participation Agreement. You will receive a link to our Participation Agreement after registering for the class.