Conquering all those top-ropes in the gym and ready for a new challenge? Learn how to lead belay and climb which, in short, is a more advanced style of climbing that involves clipping your rope into gear on the wall, and in essence, placing your own protection as you climb up the wall.
- Must be at least 16 years old to take this class.
- Flawless Top-Rope Belaying technique.
- Competently top-rope routes with a grade of at least 5.9.
- Must own lead climbing harness, belay device, and climbing shoes.
- YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE CALM AND COMPETENT CLIMBING ON A 5.9 AT THE START OF THE CLASS, WITHOUT FALLING. CRG Staff have sole discretion with deciding whether or not climbers will be permitted to continue with the class.
Participants that successfully complete our Lead Class will receive 15% OFF their first lead climbing rope purchase at our retail shop!
If you have been a member for 6+ months: FREE
Please note that this class can only run with at least 3 participants. If the class needs to be rescheduled, you will receive a phone call from CRG the day before your class is scheduled.