Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can climb on the Top Rope walls without the assistance of our staff. This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym.
This course is required to use the Top Rope climbing walls without reserving staff assistance in advance. If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own!
FREE for members.
- Class time is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Classes will start promptly at the specified time and will be capped at 4 people to allow for social distancing.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Late arrivals will not be able to join a class that has already begun.
- Participants must be 14 years of age or older to take this course.
- The Intro Belay Class costs $30 per person for non-members. If you’d like to stay and climb, you can purchase a discounted Day Pass for only $10!
- See below to schedule your course! Reservations are required!
*All participants must have a signed Participation Agreement. You will recieve a link to our Participation Agreement after registering for the class.