Central Rock Gym Glastonbury invites your children to participate in our Summer Camp! The program will run week-long sessions all summer long. Registration for summer 2019 is now open.
Plan a fantastic summer experience for your child at Central Rock Gym! Striving to create a safe and fun climbing environment for all skill levels, our weeklong youth camps offer new climbers a great introduction to the sport and returning climbers a great way to further their climbing experience.
Summer Adventure Camp 2019 Dates
- June 17-21: “Mountaineering Week”
- June 24-28: “Ninja Week”
- July 1-5: “Game Week” **Not meeting on July 4th**
- July 8-12: “Superhero Week”
- July 15-19: “Pirate Week”
- July 22-26: “Mountaineering Week”
- July 29-Aug. 2: “Ninja Week”
- Aug. 5-9: “Game Week”
- Aug. 12-16: “Superhero Week”
- Aug. 19-24: “Pirate Week”
During our fun-filled, week-long summer camp sessions kids (ages 6-13) will stay active by experimenting with different types of climbing as well as engaging in exciting games and activities. While focusing on creating a safe and fun environment, we emphasize problem solving and team building initiatives, both of which come naturally in the sport of rock climbing. Kids will also learn how to belay (age permitting), allowing them to experience yet another perspective of the sport. Although there is a general camp curriculum, each week is slightly different because we tailor it to the needs of our campers. All participants are guaranteed to have fun, make friends, become stronger climbers, and break personal barriers, all while under the supervision of our specially trained staff. Our fun week of climbing concludes with a pizza party on the final day.
Please contact our Camp Director, Sara, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
**Registration closes 1-week prior to the session starting**
- $325- 1st child
- $275- Additional Siblings
- A $100 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit must be paid at time of registration. For security purposes, no credit card information is kept on file. The remaining balance is due on the first day of camp. **Please note** There are no discounts or refunds for missed days or no-shows, no single day registrations, an cancellations must be made no later that 48 hours in advance. THIS INCLUDES children being sent home and not being able to participate due to lack of proper medical forms.
- Closed July 4th: Special pricing for a 4 day week (This will be changed when you sign up)
- $260- 1st child
- $220- Additional Siblings
- Discounts cannot be stacked. Only one discount per child, per week
- Normal Hours: Monday-Friday, 9a-2p
- Extended Hours:
- Early drop off: 8a-9a is $10/child/day
- Late pick up: 2p-4p is $20/child/day
- Participants 9 years of age and older will be taught how to belay per coordinator discretion. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to belay climbers at any CRG facility outside of this staff-supervised setting. Belaying is a privilege which may be revoked at any time if staff feel that children are not belaying safely.
What to bring
What to bring:
- Lunch (Except for Friday because we’ll be having a pizza party!)
- Snacks (one for half day, two for full day)
- Water or refillable water bottle
- Sweatshirt or warm layer
- Gear (if you have it)
- Kids should wear comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, leggings, sweatpants, long gym shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, etc.) to climb in.
2.State of CT physical INCLUDING dated immunization records.
3. Under 13 belay waiver(for those 9+)If your child requires the Administration of Medication:
1. Authorization for the Administration of Medication
2. Individual Care Plan
Note* Medication must be dated and in original container with campers name