If your children are already hooked on climbing, take the next step and learn to belay. Instead of having our staff work with you for a limited 1-hour time slot, take an hour, learn to belay, and then come in any day with your kids and stay as long as you like! This class typically takes an hour and teaches knots, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym. Once completed you will be able to work with your kids the remainder of the time our facility is open that day. Day pass and rental gear purchase will only be required for those who are climbing in the gym, so you will not get charged to come in and just belay for your kid(s).
- Class time is typically 1 hour long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Classes will start promptly at the specified time. Please call ahead if you believe you will be late.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- Reservations are strongly recommended, as classes fill up quickly. Each class is capped at 6 people with pre-registered participants having priority.
- To save time at the desk, fill out your waiver ahead of time.
- $20 for each non-member. This includes the gear for the belay class, as well.
- The class is FREE for members (preregistration is still recommended).
Classes are offered:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 6pm
- Saturday at 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm
• Register below to guarantee your spot in the class!
What to Bring
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- A signed waiver, if one is not already completed online.