Are you new to climbing? Staff Belay is a GREAT option to get started!
In order to climb on our walls, you need someone with you who’s trained in managing ropes. A particularly good fit for kids who want try climbing for their first time! There’s no minimum age! With Staff Belay, our staff does all the work for you. It’s the only way to get started with climbing our tall walls without having to learn belaying. We are sure that you will walk away loving it and wanting more after this!
- There is no age limit to try out rock climbing and our trained staff will be there to help you out for the entire hour.
- Staff will start everyone out on an easy climb, then choose additional climbs based on each climber’s abilities.
- Keep in mind this is not a private coaching session. If you are looking for private instruction, please look at the information provided on our Climbing Instruction page.
- Spaces are limited so you must reserve them to guarantee your spot. You can do so at the bottom of this page!
- Waivers must be signed by a parent or legal guardian if the climber is under 18. Waivers may be completed online here.
- $40 per climber for the hour session
- This price gives you the staff member for the group, plus harnesses for all climbers. Up to 4 climbers can register per hour.
- Keep in mind that since we book up to 4 people per hour, you will potentially be sharing your staff belayer with other people. This actually makes it really fun!
- Staff Belay is not included with a membership. It would be a separate cost.
Staff Belay is offered:
- Weekends and school breaks between 11:30 am and 5 pm (the last time slot beginning at 4 pm)
- The sessions are 1 hour long
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to get situated. Late arrivals will potentially have spots given up depending on the demand.
NOTE: If you would like to book more than an hour, you can either give us a call or go through the registration process twice for two different times.
If you decide that you LOVE climbing and you want to continue after your hour is over, we have a few different options.
- 1) Purchase half-priced day passes for your group to boulder (climb our shorter walls which don’t require ropes).
- 2) Purchase half-priced Belay Classes for anyone 13 or older if they are offered that day and have space open.
- 3) Purchase additional Staff Belay spots, space permitting.
- 4) Purchase a membership!