Ready for a new challenge? Itching to adventure up all of those steep routes in our lead cave? Learn how to lead climb with CRG!
Lead climbing is an advanced style of climbing that involves clipping your rope into carabiners as you ascend the wall. This style of climbing will allow you to access CRG’s steepest “lead only” terrain, or find new adventure on our less steep “top rope/lead” climbs. Lead climbing comes with the responsibility of learning advanced climbing and belaying techniques which helps mitigate the danger that comes with bigger fall potential.
- FREE after six months of membership!
- $60 for members who have been with CRG for less than six months.
- $75 for non-members
- See calendar below to register!
- Members will be charged $60 fee for no-call no-show; must cancel 24 hours in advance.
- Registration in advance required.
- Two person minnimum class size.
Prerequisites are mandatory. Refunds will not be given to customers who show up improperly prepared. Items listed below are for your benefit, and the benefit of other students, to safely learn lead climbing.
- For those 16+ only.
- Must be able to competently top-rope routes with a grade of at least 5.9.
- Must be a certified top rope belayer before class.
- Must bring own belay device and lead certified harness
Ropes will be provided by CRG.
All participants must have a waiver and it must be signed by their legal parents or guardian if under 18 – Waivers can be signed electronically here.