Results from Glas10bury Comp 2023:
|Myung Chul Shin||1|
|Roland Van Deine||24|
|Devon Rose Leaver||17|
Join us on Friday, September 8th to celebrate CRG Glastonbury’s 10-year anniversary!
- Free for members
- $18 adult pass
- $14 discount pass (under 23 or military/veteran)
On Friday, 9/8 we will be hosting:
- A rope competition
- Face paint, button/pin machine, yard games, and more
- Food and dessert
- Talcott Mountain Sports gear pop-up
- Membership deal
- Giveaways and prizes
- Glow climb afterparty (headlamp required!)
Sign up for our rope competition beginning at 4pm!
Competitors will take part in a modified redpoint round, followed by an onsight finals round for those that qualify. In the redpoint round, competitors will have 3 hours to attempt 4 routes, set specifically for their category. The competition categories will be Recreational, Women’s Advanced, Men’s Advanced, Women’s Open, and Men’s Open. The redpoint routes will all have scoring zones spread throughout the route, to offer competitors the chance to collect points without necessarily sending a route. The top-scoring competitors from Women’s and Men’s Open categories will qualify for finals, in which they will compete on a single onsight route. Whoever climbs the furthest on the finals route will take home the win!
Join us from 9-11pm for the afterparty! *Headlamps are required for glow climb.
How the competition works:
- The competition will be a modified redpoint layout. Competitors can try the routes anytime between 4pm – 7pm.
- A finals round for the women’s and men’s open categories will run from 8pm – 9pm in an onsight format.
- Anyone may participate in the competition. It is not limited to CRG Glastonbury members.
- You must register for the competition by September 6th at 5pm to participate. Registration can be found below.
- The competition is for climbers of any level! View the categories below.
- Each category will have 4 modified redpoint routes to try. Climbers will get up to 3 attempts on each.
- The recreational category will climb on top rope.
- The advanced category may climb on top rope or lead. Those who climb on lead will get one extra point for each route.
- The open categories will climb on lead. Climbers must be lead certified prior to the comp.
- You will need to bring your own belayer!
- If you are lead climbing, please bring your own rope if you have one! We will not have enough to rent out to everyone.
- There will be prizes for the top climbers in each category!
- Recreational (both men and women): Onsight 10- and below. This category will climb on top rope.
- Men’s Advanced: Onsight between 10+ to 11+. This category will climb on top rope or lead.
- Women’s Advanced: Onsight between 10+ to 11-. This category will climb on top rope or lead.
- Men’s Open: Onsight 12- and above. This category will climb on lead.
- Women’s Open: Onsight 11+ and above. This category will climb on lead.
- Redpoint: Competitors will have 3 hours (4pm – 7pm) to try the routes assigned to their category. They may attempt the routes in any order they wish with a maximum of 3 tries on each. Competitors are allowed to watch others and give and receive beta. They will be scored by highest hold achieved and ties will be broken by number of attempts. Competitors will self score themselves and will need the initials of two people who witnessed each attempt.
- Onsight: The highest grade a climber can successfully finish without falling on their first try. For the finals round, the top 5 competitors from the Men’s Open and Women’s Open category will compete in an onsight round. Men and women will compete at the same time on different routes in the lead cave. Each competitor will have one attempt on the final climb to get as far as they can.
Sign up for the rope competition below!