THE BEST WAY to get started with indoor climbing is to take a belay class!
Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can rope up in our facility without booking a staff belay! The class typically takes an hour, and we teach knot tying, the belay process, and climbing procedures for the gym. After class, you’re encouraged to keep climbing for the rest of the day! A day pass and rental gear are included. Ages 13+. Pre-registration required.
If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time you like!
- Class time is typically 1 hour long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Classes will start promptly at the specified time. Please call ahead if you believe you will be late.
- To save time at the desk, fill out your waiver ahead of time.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- Reservations are strongly recommended, as classes fill up quickly.
- $30 for each non-member. This includes gear for the belay class, as well as a day pass to climb after the class. The class is FREE for members (preregistration is still recommended).
- Please see calendar below for exact times and dates
• Register below to guarantee your spot in the class!
What to Bring
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- A signed waiver, if one is not already completed online.