The best way to get started with indoor climbing is to take a belay class!
Learn to belay so that you and your climbing partner(s) can rope climb in our facility without the need of our staff. This class typically takes an hour and teaches knot tying, the belay process, and safety procedures at the gym. Once completed you will be able to climb on your own for the remainder of the time our facility is open that day, the day pass and gear are included in the cost of the class.
If you are interested in climbing with friends, family, or children this is a great way to learn the basics so you can enjoy roped climbing any time on your own.
- Class time is typically 1 hour long.
- You will learn basics on safety, climbing knots, and the belay process.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled class time to get checked in and ready for the class. Classes will start promptly at the specified time. Please call ahead if you believe you will be late.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to take this course.
- Reservations are strongly recommended, as classes fill up quickly. Each class is capped at 6 people with pre-registered participants having priority.
- To save time at the desk, fill out your waiver ahead of time.
- $30 for each non-member. This includes gear for the belay class, as well as a day pass to climb after the class. The class is FREE for members (preregistration is still recommended).
Classes are offered:
- Tuesday and Thursday at 6pm
- Saturday at 11 am and 4 pm
• Register below to guarantee your spot in the class!
What to Bring
- Comfortable, flexible clothing (yoga pants, sweat pants, leggings, long gym shorts, t-shirt, tank top)
- Sneakers (no crocs, ballet flats, boots, flip flops). We will provide climbing shoes if you would like them, so bring socks if you do choose to wear the above.
- A signed waiver, if one is not already completed online.