Youth Programs Director
June 26th, 2019 by peacher
- At least 1 year in a camp counselor role, preferably 2.
- At least 1 year in a camp director role in Massachusetts, preferably 2.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Camp Management, Recreational Leadership, or similar qualifications.
- Experience working in a climbing gym, specifically at the front desk and youth programs
- Experience working with USA Climbing, or an understanding of the competition schedule and competition rules.
This list gives you a good idea of what to expect with the position, but as with any leadership role, there will be additional unexpected tasks required, and the position will evolve with the growth of the facility and programs.
- Communication (email, phone calls) with parents
- Communication with manager(s) and other staff regarding program updates and changes.
- Maintaining the rosters for all youth programs and ensuring billing is set up properly for each account.
- Planning curriculum for programs
- Training staff for climbing club coaching and for camp
- Apply for camp license (annually)
- Attend inspection for camp license
- Comply with all MA policies surrounding camps
- Growing youth programs
- Attending Family Day and Open House events (~3-4x year)
- Attending marketing events/tabling for youth programs advertisement
- Moving children up in the chain of youth programs (Camp > Club > Team)
- Running Climbing Club programs:
- Sundays 4pm-6pm (Ages 8-12)
- Tuesday & Thursday 4pm-6pm (Ages 6-8)
- Running Camp:
- Monday-Friday any school vacation week
- 9am-2pm (sometimes 8am-4pm)